Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome

Hi,

As of the time I write this post I realize no one has looked at this blog yet. Therefore, I guess I am just writing for the sake of writing...and procrastination. To any future readers of this post I welcome you to this blog.

I am a geologist and current PhD. candidate in geology and one of the things I have noticed is the lack of geological knowledge and education the general public has and is exposed to. This blog is my attempt to fill that void and bring a few interesting geological tidbits into the public view. With this in mind I will be posting as I find the time about different aspects in geology from rock, mineral and fossil collecting, current geological research and new scientific developments to interesting photos. I feel that gaining an understanding of the world around us the processes that have shaped it over the last 4.6 billion years has given me a great appreciation of the natural world and I would hope that it can do the same for you.

I hope you enjoy it.

Matt





No comments:

Post a Comment